Tuesday, September 24, 2013

K & 1: "Wild About Lines"

K & 1 Wild Things



Markers flowing, scissors cutting, and imaginations running WILD...this is what's been happening in the art studio these past two weeks! And while my custodian might not be the happiest human right now (due to our developing cutting skills)...I have been filled with joy to have witnessed the creativity sprouting in my kindergarten and first grade classes! I had the students give their "Wild Thing" a name, and create a short narrative about what kind of creature they have created. The names and stories brought millions of smiles to my face!!

Here are a few examples of work in progress:




...and those were all kindergarten examples...WOW!!

I then decided to create the "land of the Wild Things" for our little friends to live, dance, and play in...(a bulletin board) which also showcases our unit on line!

My "Wild Thing"

Hand Painted Background

Land of the Wild Things

We're Wild About Lines

Awesome Craftsmanship

I hope you enjoyed following my artists as we learned about line!

Miss Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment